Confucius say, “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it”.

Confucius say, “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it”.

12.23.2010

The Gorillaz ft. Daley - subtitle, Omg i know she's such a slacker.

Yeah so, eff you, I slacked on the DJs. They're still coming, but I can't force music talk. It just kinda happens sometimes in a really great way. And some people inspire it in my more than others.



I love feeling like I swooped in on someone right before they "blew up" or "got big." I have a few bands I could insert here for that one. Everyone has one of those "oh my god, I was listening to XYZ band before they got huge and started playing to arenas..." it's kind of a mixed feeling of pride and disappointment. They're not all YOURS anymore.  In that sense, I'm loathe to show you my discovery... But it's out of love, that's all! Not that I dislike you...

My new favorite track:

"Doncromatic" Gorillaz featuring Daley


So from what I can gather, this basic NOBODY from the UK is just a super talented fucker who deserved someone like the Gorillaz to feature him on their track. He only has a couple little videos on youtube and his wiki is only like a paragraph, I mean that's just so empty and sad! He's not even put out an album yet, and he's being featured on gorillaz tracks. Lucky (deserving) bastard! *shakes fist* Anyways, he sings beautifully, but if it weren't for the Gorillaz I would have probably never heard him. His music isn't really my style, but he does have a beautiful sound. Super voice.  (...also wouldn't have laid eyes on him!! What a cutie!! Of course, one can see why I would like him, he's maybe a little bit my type...

(Myself & Anthony just about one year ago, New Year's Eve 2009. eee! we're so cute.)

Anyways, the Gorillaz rarely ever disappoint me, and this is another GEM of a song. They're adding it to Plastic Beach as a bonus track on new pressings of the album, is what I believe I read. Whatever, who checks sources?  Just go listen to it, it's magical.



...More DJ's and EDM are coming, btw.  I just have to get through the holiday... and one a day is just SO not happening right now. haha. Merry Xmas or whatever it is you do if I don't post before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment