Confucius say, “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it”.

Confucius say, “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it”.

11.21.2010

terror pigeon dance revolt

rarely do bands ever strike me as if it was love at first sight.

but once in awhile, it is love at first listen. furthermore, sometimes I don't even need to say why a band is awesome. but for the sake of blogging, I can give you this much of an explanation: if modest mouse, the blood brothers, and man man all had a lovechild together. this is what that sweet, darling child would sound like after you throw in a little folk punk feel on vocals (what with the cute shout-singing, which I personally love).

to be fair, I've only heard two studio songs of theirs one of which is linked below and Snakebites. But if those two songs are any indicator of their collective sound and vibe, then I am positive I will not be mad about any of their music.

Without getting technical or preachy about their style, progression, and arrangement... well, these guys just make my heart swell to the point of nearly bursting with the happy.

you make my heart explode, terror pigeon dance revolt.
moar please.

I would like it noted for the record that HerrCaesar is responsible for the clever blog name. RATS OFF TO YA! xo

1 comment:

  1. to be honest i'd thought it'd be a little more...manic? when you mentioned the blood brothers influence, but maybe i'm just thinking of how i remember the blood brothers and not how they actually sound. i dig it, and i'm not a huge fan of anything too folksy. honestly it reminds me quite a bit of annuals (just "annuals," not THE annuals; i think i sent you their song "brother" but some of their other stuff is a bit more like this) plus about 80 other bands i can't name right now.

    oh, also, check out anything by star slinger. you'll like it. that has nothing to do with this, but trust me.

    ReplyDelete